This site provides side by side comparison of several programming languages and their different compilers or runtime
It currently uses CI to generate benchmark results to guarantee all the numbers are generated from the same environment at nearly the same time. All benchmark tests are executed in a single CI job
Once a change is merged into main branch, the CI job will re-generate and publish the static website
- Compare performance differences between different languages. Note that implementations might be using different optimizations, e.g. with or without multithreading, please do read the source code to check if it's a fair comparision or not.
- Compare performance differences between different compilers or runtimes of the same language with the same source code.
- Facilitate benchmarking on real server environments as nowadays more and more applications are deployed in hosted cloud VMs or docker/podman(via k8s). It's likely to get a very different result from what you get on your dev machine. You can simply use the tool to generate numbers on your PROD host environment to check if everything works as expected.
- A reference for CI setup / Dev environment setup / package management setup for different languages. Refer to Github action
- It focuses more on new programming languages, classic programming languages that are covered by CLBG receive limited or no maintainence, based on their popularity.
Current benchmark data was generated on Thu May 04 2023, full log can be found HERE
It's inspired by Benchmarks Game, some of the benchmark problems and implementation are borrowed from it.
CONTRIBUTIONS are WELCOME!